Matt Chandler was my Matt's college minister while my Matt was attending Abilene Christian University for a year and a half. Then both Matt's moved to Dallas! Every Monday night Prestonwood Baptist church (the Baptidome!) hosted an event geared for college age students. Matt Chandler was the speaker, and its where I met my Matt, the first week I was in Dallas. We went most every week that year, drawn to the raw honesty and boldness of Chandler's words. He is a gifted speaker to say the least. He is the senior minister of The Village Church in Dallas, TX.
On Thanksgiving Day, Matt Chandler suffered a seisure that landed him in the hospital, which led to the discovery of a brain tumor, which could be cancerous. A few days before surgery to remove the brain tumor, here is what Chandler has to say about it. This video is short, but very powerful. Please watch it and please join the thousands of believers all over the world who are lifting him up in prayer.
Video from Matt
I will be placing Matt Chandler's name on the prayer list at our church.
ReplyDelete