Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Visa!!!!

We cannot believe the adoption process is finally over...its really finished...we're kind of in shock!

We to got to the Embassy, paid the fee for the visa, and then submitted another paper they were needing. Then we waited for our names to be called for the interview.

After about 15 minutes we were called back for the interview. I didn't really know what to expect, but beings they call it an interview I was expecting to be asked some questions. However, all they did was make us swear that we had filled out the paperwork truthfully, then sign all of the papers. Then we were told, "Congratulations, your visa process is completed!" Please wait while we get the visa printed within the next hour!

So we walked around the corner to a waiting room where they had some toys and books. I read a few books to Rance while Matt kept up with Cavin. Then I began speaking with a woman who was adopting their third child, an adorable 22 month old girl, from Ukraine (they had adopted the older 2 siblings last year). In about 30 minutes our names were called again, Rance's visa was printed and ready! I wrapped up my conversation with the lady and out we went!

We're now back at the apartment and soon the packing will begin in earnest!

Still cannot believe the adoption is finally complete!! We are really getting excited to be home!!

Please pray for packing to go smoothly, for the boys to go to bed early so we can finish up and get some sleep ourselves. Yuri will be at our apartment to pick us up at 2:50am...yah. It will be interesting trying to cram all of our stuff into his car and then waking the boys up at such a crazy hour. Our flight leaves Ukraine at 5:30am, which is 9:30pm tonight STL time. We have layovers in Munich, Germany and Chicago. Total travel time:22 hours.

Please pray for no delays in our flights and for safe travel!

We're praying the boys will sleep during our first flight to Munich and the first part of our transatlantic flight to help with the time change back to the States. Then we're praying they will be well behaved for the remainder of our flight time.

My next blog update will be Stateside!! I know you are all anxious to see pictures, please be patient with us, they are coming, we promise!

2 comments:

  1. I have a big smile on my face after reading this. I'm so excited for your family and praying for a safe and comfortable flight back to the U.S.

    ReplyDelete