Saturday, February 4, 2012

32 Weeks!

Part of me can't believe I am already at 32 weeks while the other part of me can't believe we're not at 38 weeks yet! I am definitely getting anxious to meet Baby C!

This pregnancy continues to go rather smoothly. I am still on modified bed rest, which is okay with me. I typically have 2 or 3 really busy days and spend the other days laying around a lot, which I typically don't mind as I am tired anyways! At my appointment this past week, Baby C weighed an estimated 4 pounds 8 ounces, so he's still measuring big! Well, really, just his head and femur are measuring in the 90th percentile, the rest of him is in the 60th. This just means he will be long and lean, as Cavin was. I will stop my medications at 34 weeks, the cerclage will come out at 36 weeks, and then we'll just see what my body does! We could have a baby the day they take out my cerclage, or knowing my luck, a couple weeks later!
 

Rance. One year ago today we were picking up his Ukrainian passport. This meant we could get his US Visa, our last step before being able to finally come home! On January 31, Rance's Gotcha Day, we had a party at a local Italian restaurant with some family and close friends. I was beyond disappointed that I didn't get to go due to being super sick with the flu. He had a blast though, and it was fun to remember where we were a year ago compared to today. Its hard to believe its already been a year while at the same time it seems like we have had Rance for so much longer.

Rance continues to do well in school, although his silly personality sometime gets him in typical boy trouble at school. He continues to really like school and has began to develop some close friends at school. He has been to several birthday parties of friends and has had fun seeing how birthday's are celebrated! He has all kinds of plans for his birthday in April!

Cavin is ornery as ever. I absolutely love watching his personality emerge. He is all boy and still into any and all balls. He likes going to "school" with me on the 2 days a week I help. He is learning a lot. Lately he has learned his shapes and can recognize at least the letter's o, i, c, x, and n. He has also began to trace rather well for a 2 year old, he does better than some of the 4 year olds in our class! He has also really began to enjoy singing and asks to sing quite a bit. He is learning all of the words to several different songs. His favorites seem to be: Take me Out to the Ballgame, Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Are You Sleeping.

I realize this update is rather scattered, but that seems to be the state of my pregnant brain! At least its an update!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great update! Hang in there! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete