Last week early Tuesday morning we embarked on out almost 14 hour journey to our new home in Kernersville, North Carolina. We left at 4am so the boys would have less awake time in the car. I slept some while Matt done and when he was tired I drive while he slept. I do think he got more sleep than I as Matt is fond of finding the rumble strips on the side of the road! We drove until about 10 before we stopped for breakfast in Indiana at a local breakfast restaurant.
Then we were back on the road. We had planned on stopping in Cincinnati for the night, but Matt thought we shouldn't reserve a hotel in advance not knowing how the boys would do. I disagreed but we didn't have a reservation therefore no place to stay in Cincinnati. Traveling with our cat Gideon definitely made it more difficult to find a hotel last minute.
There want much on the other side of Cincinnati so we ended up making it all the way to Huntington, West Virginia for the night about 5pm.
We got checked in, Gideon settled and changed into or swim stuff. We grabbed some dinner at the hotel and were off to the pool. The boys had fun swimming and spent most of their time jumping in.
It was late to bed for all of us so we decided to take it easy and leave later in the morning. We got away about 9 in search of coffee, coke and breakfast! Once all of the above was located we were on the road. This part of the drive was beautiful, driving through the Blue Ridge Mountains. I am glad Matt did all of the driving! I tried multiple times to get a picture, but none did the beauty of God's creation any justice.
We stopped at Bojangles for lunch, a place we had heard about. We weren't that impressed.
We stopped at the North Carolina state line for a picture of the boys with the sign. Carden slept while Cavin did the cutest little celebratory dance. We made it into Kernersville about 3.
It was a long drive, but the boys were awesome so all went well!!
No comments:
Post a Comment