Monday, September 3, 2007

First Week of School

We realize it has been a while since our last post, but life here has definitely been crazy. We survived our first full week of school! As you may know we have a block schedule, which means we teach 4 (1 and 1/2 hour long) every day. Matt and I's schedules are very similar this year, we both teach 3 classes in a row on blue days (Monday-Wednesday-every other Friday). This means we get to teach for 4 and 1/2 hours in a row. Needless today, each blue day we came home with very sore throats and little voice left. We are definitely not used to talking that much or for that long! Gold days (Tuesday-Thursday-every other Friday) are our light days, we each only have 2 classes. So we will be kept busy with all of our teaching!

Matt is helping coach the high school boys soccer team, which is a change for him (he coached middle school boys soccer last year). Although I think he really enjoys working with a more advanced skill and with kids he does not teach, he does miss the extra time outside of school with the middle school boys. There just wasn't enough middle school students to have a team of their own.

So while Matt goes to soccer practice, I work at the school, go home and relax, and try to have dinner ready when he gets home. Needless to say, we've been having nice dinners every night with my free time.

I (Stephanie) have had my first introductory chapel with elementary. I was just introduced, able to talk briefly, and close the chapel with prayer. My first big chapel is coming up on Thursday afternoon, so I have a lot of work to do for it.

So that's our first week in a nutshell!

No comments:

Post a Comment