Friday, September 14, 2007

Life is Chaos

So far this year Matt has really been enjoying coaching the high school boys. It has definitely been different, especially in time commitments. With high school, he practices more and later, and he has more games. They had their first game this past Monday against a Christian school from Budapest, Hungary. They won, 4-0! The Pacheco boys had all four goals, Oscar had 1 and his younger brother Christian had the other 3! It was a good game, although you could really tell it was their first! On top of that, Matt has begun to play on an Athletes in Action soccer team once a week. So soccer is pretty well consuming his life these days.

While Matt is off to all of his soccer stuff, I have found myself taking a different road in life. Many of you who know me well (aka-pre-wreck), know that music is a big part of who I am. I have really struggled with getting back into music since the accident. Basketball came back to me easily, music on the otherhand, was strangely gone from my mind. Last year I began to teach piano lessons, which was a great way for me to ease myself back into music and relearn everything lost with the accident. This year, I am again giving piano lessons, one saxaphone lesson (I am super excited about this) and will be helping a lot with and playing in the jazz band. Unfortunately I sold my saxaphone after the accident because I couldn't remember how to play it. Now, as I will be playing sax in the jazz band, I need one!! Anyone know of a good one for sale?!?

On a side note, elementary chapel has been a blast for me. It truly is the highlight of my week--doing what God has called me to do and what he has gifted me to do. I love it!! So far we have talked about creation, Adam and Eve sinning, and Cain and Abel. The students are great listeners and very responsive, which makes what I do even more of a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment