Monday, April 7, 2008

A Good Weekend

Although we have been dealing with some heavy issues over the past week, we surprisingly had a great weekend! Beautiful spring weather definitely helps!

Friday night was a coffee house at the school. This is a really laid back and casual event in which we try to encourage our students to reach out to their non-VCS friends. Of course we have coffee and other hot drinks, a few snacks, and always entertainment. This past coffee house was "Open Mic Night." This is one of our favorite events because it allows are amazing talented students a chance to share their talent. We really enjoyed the night, hanging out with students and being able to listen to their talents!

Saturday was the day of our first "date" in months. It is hard to go out on dates when you don't have extra money. Needless to say, I (Stephanie) was stoked! One of my favorite foods is Mexican and I don't get it very often here, and when I do, its nothing like Dallas! However, this year a burrito place similar to Chipotle opened up here in Vienna. It is one of my favorite places to eat! So we headed downtown to the burrito place for an early dinner, which was a massive burrito and a Dr. Pepper--two things I rarely get--it was perfect. Then we leisurely strolled through downtown to Vienna, to another one of my favorites-Fratelli's Eis (ice cream). All I need to say about that is--Yum! We finished off our night by going to see a movie. I have decided that not being able to go on dates every month is kind of a blessing, because it makes the rare nights we are able to go on a date, even more perfect!

Saturday night Matt stayed up to watch the final four games. At 5:30 am I was waking up from a night's sleep and Matt was just getting ready to go to sleep. I definitely didn't mind going back to sleep! So the Jayhawks made it to the championship game--Rock Chalk Jayhawks!

I am sure tonight we will be getting up in the middle of the night to watch the championship game!

Anyways, Sunday since Matt was basically up all night, we did our own church. Our church in Dallas, The Branch, has videos of the sermons online, so we watched their Easter sermon. Then we went for a walk to talk and pray about all that is going on in our lives. Sunday night we headed to a birthday party.

Today (Monday) is a work day (its the end of 3rd quarter) for us teachers to get our grades done. I have finished my grades and have been working on lesson plans and writing worksheets and whatnot for the rest of April. I needed a break, so I decided to update the blog!

Well, its back to work! We hope you have a fabulous week!

P.S.--A HUGE shout out to Fabulous K Blog Designs for our spiffy new header!! Thanks Fabulous K!

1 comment: