Thursday, May 22, 2008

12 Weeks Down...23 to Go!

It is true, I am 12 weeks today. Everyday we get more and more excited about this tremendous blessing God is giving us. Yes, its going to be a LOT of hard work, but its also going to be a lot of fun!

The scary part for us, is the 23 weeks to go. There is so much we need to do in this short amount of time, our list is endless. Moving countries, finding Matt a job, finding a place to live, buying a car (hopefully two), and somewhere in the midst of that, get ready to become the parents of three!! Its slightly stressful to think about!

For those wondering, I am showing. I haven't decided yet how I feel about posting pictures of me, so for now, you'll just have to imagine! I am feeling great! I lost about 5 pounds during the first 6 weeks, probably because no food sounded appetizing in the least bit! Since then, I haven't gained any, but I also haven't had a huge increase in appetite yet. For those of you wondering, my doctor assures me this is great, because I need to gain the least amount of weight possible to protect me from preeclampsia, which is a greater risk for me than a normal pregnancy.

Things that are Absolutely Disgusting:
-Chocolate ( This is so sad to me, and I'm hoping it will stop making me feel sick very soon!)
-Sweets (I can eat sweets in small portions, but if I eat more than that, they make me sick)
-Garlic (I can now tolerate garlic in small portions, but some things are still too garlicy)

Cravings:
-My biggest one: Popsicles! Yum!
-Anything made of potatoes, probably because they are so bland!
-Fruit!

Pregnancy Prayer Requests:
-That all three babies will continue to grow equally, strong, and healthy.
-That my body will continue to handle this pregnancy well.
-That I can carry the babies for 35 weeks. Most mother's of triplets don't make it this far, but this is our goal so our babies can spend no time, if little time in the NICU.

No comments:

Post a Comment