We had a wonderful time on the senior trip, in Mallorca, Spain. the resort we stayed at was really nice, and with lots of sunshine and pools and beaches to sit at, it was a very relaxing time hanging out with the kids. We really feel like God blessed this time for the seniors and they were able to spend quality time together as a class before departing ways.
Its official, the 2007-2008 school year is over. I cannot believe the year has already ended. It literally flew by. Saying good bye to these kids has been and will continue to be one of the hardest things either of us have ever done. The kids at VCS are unique, creative, talented, caring, and amazing in every way. We have become so close to many of our students, and saying good bye has not been and will not be easy. Its not like we will see each other in a few years. Realistically, the next time we will see many of our students will be in heaven.
Please continue to be in prayer for Matt and I as we continue to say good bye to students and dear friends and close out our two years in Vienna. Pray that we can get everything packed and shipped with little stress, and our apartment cleaned and checked out. We'll keep you updated as much as possible as the process continues!
Thank you so much for your prayers, encouragement and support. This morning I woke up with a crystal clear image in my mind. One of my favorite chapters is Isaiah 40, and I have been thriving on verses 30-31 throughout the craziness. "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." This morning, the strength of my precious Savior, and your prayers were the wings I was soaring on. Just know we wouldn't be thriving admist the craziness without your prayers.
Hey guys. Ang and I have been thinking about ya'll we hope your goodbye's aren't too sad and that your trip is an easy one. Are you guys coming to Dallas this summer at all?? We would absolutely love to see you both. I know it's sad to leave but you guys have 2 years of memories that most of us would LOVE to have. We're glad you're coming back and hope to see you both soon. How's the "trips" coming along?? Are you feelin okay??
ReplyDelete