Saturday, February 7, 2009

Spring!

I love all seasons, but I think Spring is my favorite, at least for this year. Here are the top five things I love about spring.

1. Perfect Weather with Sunny Days
2. Rain and Thunderstorms
3. Everything becoming new again, coming to life.
4. Easter
5. Colors-especially in blooming flowers!

For us this year, spring is a new season in our lives as well. Losing our babies has been the hardest thing we have ever been through. There is no way to describe the pain and the emotions we have experienced and dealt with. So much of me has been dead the past 7 months. I know I haven't been myself. But as spring awakens the earth, I feel like it is waking me from my slumber of grief. It is a new season, a new time in my life. Yes, there will still be storms of grief, that is for sure, but I am finally starting to feel like myself again. I feel like smiling, I have energy, I have a desire to get to know people, I feel like having people into my home again, I feel like cooking and baking, I am ready to stop seeing black and gray, and to see colors again, I am ready to live once again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys! We are ready for spring too after all this crazy weather here. I wish I was more of a snow person :( Anyways.. you're always in our prayers and we wish Matt a happy 27th year of life!!
    by the way... Ian is hulking out every day breaking something and soon to break his brother i'm sure.

    ReplyDelete