Today is Matt's 27th birthday. As I write this my mature 27 year old husband is playing Mario Carts on the Wii he got for Christmas/birthday. =) Boys never do grow up, do they?
We don't have anything special planned for the day. Here in a bit we'll go to lunch at Red Robin, one of his favorite restaurants. Then we're heading to Columbia, where we'll meet Becca for coffee and some time to chat. Eventually, we'll head up north to my parents house for the night. We're going to watch my youngest sister's basketball game tonight. Matt is thrilled, lol.
But tomorrow, tomorrow Matt will check off one of the things on his bucket list, his list of things to do before he dies. We, along with my youngest sister, will be making a day trip to Lawrence, Kansas. We have tickets to the KU vs. Colorado basketball game that afternoon. Both Matt and Becca (my sister) are huge KU fans. I wouldn't classify myself as a fan, but I do enjoy watching them play. They are a very scrappy team, who understand the meaning of hustle. Even though they start a junior, a sophomore and three freshman, they have surprised everyone with their talent and success. So it won't be misery for me to tag along! If we can find our camera, we'll take pictures!
Happy birthday to Matt! Red Robbin is one of my favorites, too. I could really go for a good burger.
ReplyDelete