Sunday, April 26, 2009

Belated Thoughts

The week of Easter I travelled with family to Jefferson City to watch my brother and sister-in-law in their churches Passion play. This church means a lot to Matt and I, they supported us faithfully while we lived in Vienna, it was our church home before moving to Wentzville, the pastor, one of the most compassionate men we have ever met, never left our side through losing our babies. When we knew things were going bad Tuesday night, we called our family. Ken came first thing Wednesday morning and stayed with us the entire day, through everything. Not only was he there for Matt and I in a huge way, but he was there for our family as well. He prayed with us, cried with us, and was a silent strength to all.

Anyways, I was really excited to see Ken and his wife, and to visit our second church home. This particular Passion play was written by a guy in their church, and it was written from a completely different perspective than most, and I loved it. The play looked at life from the peoples perspective, particularly the theives. It gave several glimpes into the life and ministry of Christ, which I really liked, because it gives so much more meaning to both the ministry of Christ, and his death and resurrection.

I completely lost it when it showed Jesus' ministry with the children. Seeing children sit at the feet of Christ, listening to him teach, broke my heart. Thats where my babies are, sitting at the feet of Christ, basking in his perfect love. This moment both broke my heart with the reminder of our loss, but touched my heart in the sweetness of where my precious babies are.

No comments:

Post a Comment