Sunday, April 5, 2009

Latest Addition to our Family

A little over a week ago I went into PetSmart to buy some cat food and some litter and I happened to walk by the aisle where they have the pet adoption center. As I passed by the first time I noticed a cute kitten playing in her little pen. So after I had picked up my two items, I ignored the voice in my head that said "Stay Away!" and went to look at this kitten. It was a little 7 month girl who played with me the entire time I stood there. I put my hand on the glass and she was rubbing up against the glass trying get herself some loving through the glass, and would swat at my hand and chase it. She was so cute! I called Matt....told him about this adorable kitten, then went to pick him up from work to bring him back to PetSmart.

We had been contemplating getting a new cat for the past few months and have been going back and forth about it. We have done a lot of research and found out that cats are very social animals. Apparently single cats can get lonely as they age and become mean due to their loneliness. But we couldn't decide, until I met Pip. She was so cute and playful, and my heart fell in love! After holding her and playing with her for a bit, we filled out the paperwork and brought her home. It took us a week to think of a name, and we finally settled on Pip, short for Pipsqueak because her "meow" is definitely more of a squeak than anything else!
Gideon wasn't sure what to think at first, but it wasn't a bad reaction, so we knew we had hope! Over the past week and a half they have bonded and play well together. They especially love to chase each other in circles around the house! Gideon has definitely gotten more exercise with Pip around and he would now much rather cuddle with her than me. We are thrilled with how well they are getting along, and are glad we went ahead and got her, so they will have each other to play with when the baby comes and we no longer have as much time to spend with them.

Here are a few pictures of their week, Gideon is obviously the monster cat, and Pip is the cute white and grey stripped one.

No comments:

Post a Comment