Monday, September 14, 2009

Road Trip to OKC

We left Wednesday night at 10:30 for Cavin's first road trip. Destination: Yukon, Oklahoma which is a suburb of Oklahoma City. Although it only took a little over 7 hours of driving time our total trip time with feedings was 11 hours! It was a long night!

We went for three reasons.

A good friend of mine, who was actually a bridesmaid in our wedding, was getting married. It was so good to see her and some other girlfriends from college! At the same time, it was a bummer some of our other good friends weren't able to make it.

Secondly, Cavin finally got to meet his Uncle Mitch!

And, Cavin got to meet Janette, the mother of Matt's good friend Cavin who was killed in a car accident 11 years go. This is who we named our Cavin after. In our conversation it came up how most people are confused with the name Cavin and are unsure how to pronounce it. Janette said she finally started telling people its pronounced like Kevin only with a thick Oklahoman accent! Loved it!

Highlights from the trip:

-Cavin did great on the road...he ate and slept the entire way there and back!

-Cavin got to see his Grandpa Richards one more time before he flew back to Alaska.

-We got to see and Cavin was able to meet for the first time, the Palacios family. They live two
houses down from where Matt grew up and are good family friends. Plus, their son Roger was died in the same car accident as Cavin. So it was meaningful for them to meet our Cavin as well.

-Mommy got to visit The North Pole City. Its my favorite Christmas store! I got 4 new ornaments for our tree!

-We were all able to spend time with Matt's family who lives in the OKC area.

-We got to eat at Johnny Carino's! They have a spicy bacon pasta that I love. I have tried to duplicate it at home, but haven't quite mastered it yet.

-Lots of time with Matt. I hate road trips, I'd much rather fly, but I love the conversation and worship time with Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment