Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas 2012

I feel like Christmas came really fast this year and I was very unprepared. I love to be organized and ahead of the game, but this year I found myself very behind and not much in the Christmas spirit. I was somewhat disappointed with our own little family Christmas. I really wanted to start some new traditions, but I feel like my being behind on things really prevented any new traditions from happening. I feel guilty I didn't do more to make Christmas more special for my boys, it just kind of happened at our house. I don't know, it was just a weird Christmas for me.

We went to Christmas Eve service at our church and then grabbed a quick bite to eat at Cavin's favorite place to eat! He is just too cute sometimes and I couldn't say no even though we had planned to go elsewhere! Afterwards we drove through the city light display. Matt and I didn't think it was all that good but the boys had fun so that is what matters most! It was fun watching the boys open their gifts on Christmas morning, I just wish there was a way it wasn't over so quickly! We buy each of our kiddos a bigger gift then a couple smaller things so opening gifts goes rather quickly even if we open one at a time!

We finished off our Christmas travels with spending almost a week at my parents. We really enjoyed our week there. The kiddos loved playing with their cousins and Matt and I were able to enjoy a lot of time playing games with my parents and siblings. The last couple of days we were there it snowed a good 6 to 8 inches. I love snow and so do my boys! I am so thankful we were still there and the boys were able to get out and play in the snow and go sledding! It snowed our entire drive home, but sadly there wasn't hardly any snow on the ground at home.

I will say I am not ready to return to our normal chaotic schedule this week. It has been nice to have so much family time. I wish we could ease back into everything instead of it all starting at once, but instead we will start full force tomorrow. Here's to hoping we all get to bed early tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment