He wasn't so sure at first, but once he got a few tastes of the icing he kept going back for more!
Enjoying himself!!
So not happy when mommy took it away!
Nothing a bath can't make all better! Carden loves his bath time!
Having fun during a bath with his cousin Josiah and Grandma. One of Carden's recently learned tricks was learning where his tongue is and being able to stick it out when asked. So glad I captured it on camera!
The weekend after Carden's birthday we celebrated with our family. Some came in Thursday evening, most on Friday, and a few just for the day on Saturday. I always love having all of our family together, but its always crazy!
Although there was still snow on the ground, Saturday was a beautiful day! The kiddos all loved being able to get out and play. Carden and Josiah even managed to sneak in a nap during a walk with Grandma!
Carden, 12 Months, Josiah, 15 Months
Uncle Mitch and his girlfriend Chelsea came for the weekend as well, much to the boys' delight! They love their Uncle Mitch! My boys also love sidewalk chalk, and Cavin of course loves sharks. I believe its even more fun when they have someone around who can actually draw! Thanks Uncle Mitch!
I think Cavin thought it was pretty cool stuff that he was being eaten by a shark!!
Daddy and Carden with his first birthday cake! I had a hard time deciding on a theme. I randomly suggested doing a KU Jayhawk theme and of course Matt was all about that! I also couldn't decide on how I wanted to decorate the cake, but we are currently trying to cut out unnatural food and food colorings, so I knew I wanted to keep it simple. I decided to do the Junior Jayhawk since it was for his first birthday.
Carden loved opening presents!
These two cousins are a mess alone and even more so together!
Older Cousins!
I still can't believe our Carden is one. This year has went by entirely to fast. While I miss my snuggly new born, I love seeing his personality come out more and more everyday! Carden loves food! He eats really well and would eat all day long if I would let him! He also loves getting into trouble! He spends way more time getting into things than he ever does playing with his toys! It definitely makes getting anything done much slower, I get one thing checked off my to do list to discover Carden has made a huge mess elsewhere. Thankfully he has the sweetest little ornery grin when he knows he is in trouble that melts my heart! Not sure how that will work out for me in the future!
Happy Birthday sweet Carden! You have brought us such great joy and much laughter! We love you always and forever!
March 2nd was a Saturday...
ReplyDelete