One of the things I was looking foward to most about moving back to Missouri, was the summer thunderstorms. I love them and I love curling up with a good book and reading during one.
However, since we've been back, there have been way too many thunderstorms! I had heard and kept up with the flooding in the midwest, but didn't realize it was affecting the area where my parents live. I've found myself praying for no more thunderstorms, something I normally love. I just want to see the sun!
This past Tuesday, Matt and I along with my mom ran to town to get groceries, about a 40 minute drive from home. Although we drove through very little rain, in the course of about 40 minutes, they had over 3 inches of rain at home.
My parents house is an underground, with only one side open and not in the ground. Well, apparently getting so much rain in such a short amount of time was too much. So half of my parents home flooded. This includes both of my sisters bedrooms, a storage closet, two bathrooms, my parents room and the living room. They tried vaccuuming out the water, but there was just too much of it, and it was beginning to stink! Finally we tore out all of the carpet on Wednesday.
Apparently carpet layers are booked like crazy, so for the last part of this week and all of next week, we're living on concrete floors and chaos. This doesn't work so well for my mom who likes the house to be spotless and everything in place, all of the time.
Please pray for my family as we work on putting everything back together, and also pray for the farmers in the Midwest. Many of their fields have been wiped out due to flooding, and because it hasn't stopped raining and flooding, they can't really replant. I believe this will affect the US as a whole come sooner or later.
Anyways, this is what we've been up to the past week!
No comments:
Post a Comment