Believe it or not, throughout the chaos of us returning to the States and loosing the babies, Matt did interview for three different jobs. Resume's were sent in before July 13 when I was admitted into the hospital. First interviews were done at the end of that week, while things were "calm."
Second interviews were offered on all three jobs, but Matt only took the second interview with one job. Brave...I know. The second interview was done the first weekend of August, a week after I had been released from the hospital. Then finally, Monday, August 11, around 9:30pm, Matt was offered the job, and he accepted.
Curious?
Matt will be the children's minister at Wentzville Christian Church, starting September 2. So we will be moving to Wentzville soon, which is in the northwest Saint Louis area.
You may be wondering about the switch of "occupations" from teaching to being a children's minister. Both Matt and I have a passion for children, and ministering to them. For the past 5 years that is exactly what we have done, through church and through teaching. We are honored to serve God by loving and teaching his children, no matter where and how it takes place. On a side note, Matt is very excited about working in the church and is ready to take on the challenge!
Congratulations! Good luck finding housing and getting settled into the new job.
ReplyDelete