Thursday, August 21, 2008

There's No Place Like Home!!

Yeseterday afternoon we found out we have a house! We sent in a contract on Tuesday afternoon, and weren't expecting to hear anything until Friday afternoon. The house is basically brand new, it was lived in for a short time, and we had asked for the company (who built it) to do some things before we moved in. We knew they'd agree to all but one thing, and that was our request for them to replace the black appliances with white appliances. I really don't like black appliances. But lo and behold, they agreed to everything we asked--even the appliances! God is so good! Right now our closing date is set for Sept. 19, but we're hoping to get it moved up! We'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, guys! Owning a home is great....and a lot of work, but all worth it. Can't wait to see pics. I think of ya'll often and you are in our prayers. I am thankful to hear how sweet the LORD has been to you during this time and how you have accepted HIS love, even when at times, I am sure you are still confused as to why it all turned out this way. You are a great example and blessing to so many. We love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on both the new home and the job! Y'all will enjoy living in the St. Louis area I'm sure. Mark and I lived there for the first year and a half of our marriage (in Hillsboro). We even get up there once in a while still! I apologize for not responding before now, I forget we have a Blog, and I have NO idea how to use it! I hope y'all enjoy this next step in life and pray for God's continuing comforting for you. Time will heal some of the hurt, but I don't think it ever really goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo!! Yay! I'm so glad you've found a house and can make it a home now. We'll be praying for you as you settle in and we're excited about Matt's new job!!! What amazing provision for you both!
    Thanks for being to honest and open on your blog. I love seeing how God is covering over you two with His grace and love. we love y'all!

    ReplyDelete