Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Busy Weekend!

Friday morning we got up at 4:30 am to get ready and leave for Southeast Missouri. We took my youngest sister on a college visit to SEMO. There were a lot of hills on the campus, but it was fun to help my sister prepare for her future!

After the college visit we headed on to my Gram's house. One of my cousins got married on Saturday so there was a lot of family there! Although it was hard to see everyone and answer their questions, it was good to see everyone.

Friday night after the rehearsal dinner Matt got sick. He managed to make it to the wedding, but didn't go to the reception. I felt so bad for him.

I have never seen decorations/flowers like they had, and they fit the couple so perfectly. They both have an agriculture degree, and love farming. Their wedding invitations were printed on backgrounds of cotton, soy bean, and corn fields. Her wedding boquet had puffs of cotton among the flowers and was stunning. Their decorations at the reception followed a fall theme. The tables were decorated with canning jars full of soy beans or corn with little candles. Their favors were little cow bells, and when the guests rang them, they kissed. They had straw bails, bundles of dried corn, and lots of mums. I absolutely loved all of their fall decor! It was so creative! All this to say, I think my cousin is one lucky man- his wife is a beautiful woman, on the inside and out, loves to farm, and for some reason, loves him!

I ended up driving home Saturday night, as Matt was still feeling dizzy and light headed. As much as I have been missing Vienna and VCS, it was so good to be home this weekend, amongst family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. My sister and her husband are actually campus ministers at SEMO. If your sister decides to attend let me know.
    FYI: I am Jordan's sister-in-law (one of many).

    ReplyDelete