Yesterday was such a long and exhausting day!
Church: Yesterday was Matt's (and I's) first Sunday to check out the goings on of the children. We pretty well sat back and observed, although we did have to help with crowd control. There are so many 4-6 year olds it is unreal! We'll definitely have to work on a great K/1 program. Overall, there is a lot of change to be made, and a lot of work to do. We are excited and ready to get started--as soon as we figure out where to start!
Sidenote: Children's ministry is my passion as well, so we really work as a team even though its Matt's job. Normally, I provide the big idea's and Matt figures out how to make them happen. =)So when talking about church, I will typically use the phrase "we" because thats just the way it is.
So after Church we went to pick up a truck we were borrowing and drove to the Sears Outlet. There we picked out a refrigerator, although we pretty well knew which one we were getting because it was on sale! After purchasing the refrigerator, we headed to another outlet store to hopefully buy some pots and pans. I have been looking for some good pots and pans for a while now, and everything I have found that I like and want, has been way out of our price range! But much to our delight, we found some that we really like at a good price! I bought 5 different ones!
After roaming a few other outlet stores to kill time, we headed to St. Louis (the actual city) to look at some mattresses we had found on Craig's List (great website! its like an online garage sale!). Thankfully they were nice enough for the money, and we bought them, loaded them up and headed back to church!
Back at the church we attended a "Get Connected" event for the small groups. We found a small group we're going to join while we get settled, but eventually we are going to start one of our own.
We finally made it "home," ate dinner at 9:00 and then went to bed exhausted.
So it was a very long, but very successful Sunday! I think we now have everything we NEED to move in on Friday!
so excited for yall! have fun!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a very productive day!! Good job! Can't wait to see pictures of your new home (please post) and hope the moving process goes smoothly.
ReplyDelete