Monday, November 17, 2008

What's Going On...

Since I am home from work--sick, I thought I'd update while I'm snuggled on the couch, covered in blankets. I think I just have a common cold along with exhaustion from not sleeping at night. So sleeping until 11 today was great, although I feel like I could go right back to bed and sleep all day!

I have really been enjoying the cooler weather while Matt has not. Saturday on the way to a family get-together we drove through all kinds of sleet and snow! I love it!

We are doing well, still gradually unpacking things and buying things that we need. A lot of things are needed in order to set up house! We're fighting time now to get it all done as Matt's family is coming for Thanksgiving. We were really hoping to have our basement finished, but thats far from happening. So we've been trying to creatively make room for 5 extra people! Yesterday we tackled the living room, rearranging it to add more seating. I don't love the end result, but its practical. Now we're trying to figure out where to put them all to sleep....lol. Regardless, we are really excited to get to spend time with Matt's family, and we know it will be tons of fun!

Matt is gearing up to make a bunch of changes, really an overhall, in the children's ministry in January. He has been recruiting volunteers through videos and whatnot, and now he needs to train them and get them into place before the new curriculum kicks off in January. So he's been busy and I help where I can. We are still meeting people, trying to get to know people, and make new friends. We have really enjoyed getting to know the people in our church better, they have some amazing stories. We are also throwing around the idea of starting up a young peoples group. There are a ton of young people in our church, so I think it would be a huge ministry. We'll see where God takes it.

Tonight if I am feeling up to it, we are shopping to fill three christmas boxes. Our church is active in Operation Christmas Child, the world's largest Christmas project. As it states on their website, "Operation Christmas Child brings joy and hope to children in desperate situations around the world through gift-filled shoe boxes and the Good News of God’s love. Since 1993, more than 61 million shoe boxes have been packed, shipped, and delivered across the globe. People of all ages can be involved in this simple, hands-on missions project while focusing on the true meaning of Christmas—Jesus Christ." We have decided to do three boxes every year, in honor of our babies. It is a great way for us to remember our babies and to do something for them. It will also be something fun we can do with our future children to help them remember their brothers and sister.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind my comment but I stumbled upon your blog from our realtor's blog. Call it a God thing but out of all of the blogs listed on her blog roll your name was the only one that jumped out at me and I decided to click on it.

    As I was reading through your past entries my heart just went out to you and I immediately started praying for your family. You've been in my thoughts and my prayers pretty regularly since I stumbled across your blog. This may seem kind of strange that a complete stranger would be praying for you but from what I've read it appears that we share the same "Daddy".

    My husband and I have experienced the losses that your family has felt. Not to the same degree or the same circumstance but I can definatly empathize with what you are going through.

    We just moved back to the the St. Louis area from Columbia, Mo this past July. We actually thought about attending Wentzville Christian Church because we live right off of Hwy N close to Hwy Z. We were extremely active members of Victory Christian Church in Columbia for the past 8 years...the church is what kept us in Columbia 5 years longer than we anticipated. After much looking and prayer we finally ended up at Pastor David Crank's Church, Faith Church St. Louis.

    I'm not really clear on the extent of your situation nor is it any of my business but I've found an incredible Reproductive Endocrinologist here in St. Louis, Dr. Jorge Pineda. He is affiliated with St. Luke's hospital in Chesterfield. You may not need his services but if you've seen a specialist in the past sometimes it's nice to have a referral.

    You are children of the King and He will give you the desires of your heart. You know that God loves you when He has complete strangers interceding for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie,

    I think this is a great idea. I love Christmas ornaments and I always get one when we travel to a new place. I decided I want to get a personal ornament to rememeber our baby each year at Christmas time.

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete