As of today, it has been four months since meeting and saying good bye to our babies. Some days it feels like it was just yesterday, while other days it seems like it was a looong time ago.
I have been teaching the women's Sunday school class at church for the past few months now. Today a new gal came to class, and I was in awe when I asked her if she had any kids, and she said yes, "Eli, Micah and Isaac." I was like "those are the same names of my three!" Then I had to explain everything to her, but I still can't believe it! Her Micah was even a little girl too! Although her Eli was an Elijah, not Elisha. Wierd.
One of the first ladies I met at church lost a granddaughter around 5 months as well. Her daughter was later able to have two healthy boys and last week her two grandsons were at church with Grandma. She introduced me..."This is Stephanie, she has three babies in heaven with our precious girl too." The youngest boy said ya, our sister would be 13. It touched my heart in so many ways to hear these boys talking about their older sister. Eli, Isaac and Micah will always be a part of our family, they will always be our firstborns, and someday I hope to hear their brothers and sisters talk about them in the same ways.
Oh my goodness! What a neat reminder that God is always watching over you! It will be a beautiful thing to tell your other children about their siblings. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!!
ReplyDelete