I cannot believe Thanksgiving has come and gone, and December is here! Time has flown! We had a great Thanksgiving with Matt's family. They came to our house, so it was nice not having to drive anywhere! I cooked the entire Thanksgiving dinner by myself, and had a blast doing it!
I fixed a sweet potato souffle, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade stuffing, homemade rolls, corn and green beans. I found the recipe for the turkey, but Matt did all of the work with that. We soaked it in a cider based marinade all night and then grilled, yes grilled, our turkey using indirect heat to free up my oven. The turkey was amazing, very moist and delicious! All in all, we had a yummy Thanksgiving feast.
Friday we did some black Friday shopping. Thankfully Matt convinced them to leave around 7:30 instead of the crack of dawn! I didn't really buy much, although we got some great steals on dvds! Saturday, some went to a St. Louis Blues game, while Matt, his mom and I stayed home. I put up my Christmas tree and started decorating the rest of the house too!
Sunday after everyone left we got the house back in order, other than sweeping, mopping and finishing up some laundry. I am off work today (thankfully) so I am hoping to finish up the cleaning...in which I'd better get started...Happy December!
No comments:
Post a Comment