Its been a while since I've last written something, but honestly, there's not been much happening in our lives to write about.
This past weekend we were home for the entire weekend, so I decided we'd finally do some painting. I have been wanting to get rid of our builders paint for quite some time, but couldn't decide how to paint. We have a very open floor plan, our dining room, kitchen and living room are all one open room. Plus we have all vaulted ceilings. But I finally picked some colors and we ventured out painting. I really like the way it all turned out, it would probably be a bit too colorful for many, but we feel like it really fits our personalities. We still have second coats to do on all areas but the kitchen, but Matt declared today a day of rest. He's been sick with a cold/sinus infection since Tuesday, and he really does need the rest. I will just deal with my house continuing to be in disarray until Tuesday. We're hoping to finish up Monday night, so I can put things back to normal and clean Tuesday on my day off.
Matt has successfully kicked off all of his new programs for the kids. Today was the second Sunday with the programming, and the kids and volunteers really seem to love it. It is such a blessing to see kids having fun worshipping God and loving adults investing in their lives through small groups.
We had thought about sending out a Christmas card/update letter just to let everyone know how we're faring. However, I was worried it would be lost amongst the many cards people receive. So I think I am going to do an early Valentine's card/update letter...it should be fun! I will hopefully get it written this week so we can get it mailed out! Nothing too special, just a cute picture of us (maybe--if you're lucky!) and a quick note to let you know we're doing okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment