Sunday, March 22, 2009

Busy Weekend!

This past weekend has been full of blessings and very busy! We were lucky enough to host Samuel's, our two year old nephew, second birthday party so all of my family came in. He is so cute, and soooo ornery! We made magnetic boards for him and our niece, then made a ton of magnets for them to play with! For Samuel we made a bunch of farm related magnets, for our four year old niece, Grace, we made a bunch of words, names, and life related pictures. She is really into writing and learning to read, so this should be a fun thing for her!

Everyone spent the night and Saturday the boys went to work on our basement, while us girls watched the kiddos, played cards and hung out. Both kids love to play outside, and after it had warmed up it was a battle to get them to come back in! We are trying to get our basement finished by May, and the guys got a lot done so we are well on track.

I love that we are close enough to have weekends like this together with our family. It is a trememndous blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Are y'all pregnant or what? I've been checking your Facebook everyday since I suspected, but I wasn't sure if you were talking about an adoption, or if you were pregnant.
    Either way, congratulations!
    This will be a time of growth for you both, and of healing. Approaching the end of this pregnancy (and the day I miscarried Iain--April 5) it's been such a journey as I had to bring my cares to the Lord everyday to keep the anxiety from drowning my joy.
    All we can do to place everything in God's hands.
    And what more loving and faithful hands can we be wrapped in?!

    ReplyDelete