Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Crazy!

That has what our life has been! Pure chaos!!

On top of keeping busy with the normal things we have been busy trying to figure out the rest of the finances we need for the adoption. It has been stressful to say the least!

We have also been busy gathering the items we need to take with us to Ukraine. We still have a lot to do before we are ready to leave, as I am sure I will discover as we begin to pack next week!
I have also, Matt too, been working on some deep cleaning around the house. This has included cleaning out Cavin's closet to make room for Rance! We still have to get a bed and get the room rearranged before we leave.

Matt has been busy trying to get two months of work done in advance on top of keeping up with what needs to be done while we are still here. And helping me out at home as he can.

We've both been busy keeping up with Cavin. He is busy and into everything. His favorite toy: anything that isn't a toy! He definitely keeps us on our toes with his mischief!

We cannot believe we will be in Ukraine in only 11 days! Then meeting Rance shortly thereafter!

We will have some internet access at least, and will update as we can on our blog. However, a lot of information about Rance, such as pictures, we will not be able to post publicly until the adoption is finalized and we are home.

Some General Prayer Requests:

-For Cavin, for him to do well on our transatlantic flight. We leave Philadelphia at 6 in the evening and arrive in Germany at 8 in the morning. Pray that he will adjust well to the time changes, a new place, and the flexibility he will need to have in his schedule. Mostly, pray that God will begin to prepare his heart for his big brother.

-For Rance: Please pray for him as he meets total strangers, who speak a different language, who will be his family. Pray that God will open his heart to us, that he will be able to accept our love, hugs and kisses and will be able to bond with all of us. Pray that his basic needs are met as much as possible, such as food, being held and loved on, and played with.

-For Matt and I: Pray for calm in the storm. Pray that Matt can have all of his work done for while we are gone, and for it to be organized and easy for those who are filling in to understand. Pray that we can accomplish our to do list (it is almost done!) around the house, and prepare Cavin's room to share with Rance. Pray for us to continue to trust in God to provide the finances we need before travelling. Pray for God to continue to prepare our hearts to meet Rance, to be able to love him fully and equally to Cavin. Pray for us to have strength to be in orphanages amongst hundreds of orphans, and have the strength to walk away with just one (or maybe two!).

I am sure I will update, or at least I will try to, before we leave on December 3, and I will update as often as I can from Ukraine with whats going on and more specific prayer needs.

Thanks for taking this journey with us, we pray you will be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I've said that before--maybe two! I think I'd be shocked if you came home with just Cavin and Rance! lol.
    amy tuley<><

    ReplyDelete