Monday, November 15, 2010

Travel Date!!!!

We got our travel date today!!!! We will be leaving on Friday, December 3rd to fly to Ukraine!! Our appointment with the SDA is on Monday, December 6th! At that appointment we will look through referrals, and hopefully be able to accept one!

I cannot believe we are so close to meeting our son. I have felt so "pregnant" emotionally lately. I have been brought to tears multiple times a day just thinking about Rance being out there, in some orphanage in Ukraine.

Not much longer son, and you will be surrounded by love, a home and a family. Not much longer and we will be able to tell you how much we love you, but more importantly, how much more your Savior loves you. Even though your birth parents abandoned you, He will never abandon you, and no matter how imperfectly you have been loved, His love is always perfect. No matter how broken your heart may be, He is the ultimate healer. We cannot wait to tell you of His unwavering love, overwhelming grace and unconditional mercy, and of the great plan he has for your life. 

Not much longer and I can memorize every line of your face, the perfect color of your eyes, the sound of your laugh, and see the beauty in the unique personality God gave you. Not much longer and we can tuck you in every night, feed you when you are hungry, hold you when you are scared, play with you and make you laugh, and tell you how loved you are everyday. You may be alone now, feeling scared, hungry, rejected and unloved, but not much longer son, not much longer.

There really are no words to express the excitement Matt and I are feeling today, finally having a date! Oh to finally know our son!

Please continue praying for us and for Rance!

*Please pray for God to provide the rest of the finances we need, $25,000 to pay for the adoption. We continue to trust and know that God will provide.

*Please pray for Cavin as his world is about to be turned upside down.

*Please pray for Matt. He has to have all of his work at the church for the time we will be gone finished in the next two weeks, as well as lesson plans laid out for the Bible class he teaches at the local Christian school. On top of that I know I will keep him busy with my to do list of things to get done around the home, packing, and life will continue to be busy for us.

1 comment: