Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010

Cavin has been sleeping around 11-12 hours every night. Straight. Which has been so nice for mom and dad! However, Easter morning he was wide awake at 4! I finally got him back to sleep around 4:45, but at that point I realized I might as well not try to go back to sleep myself. So I grabbed my Bible to read the Easter Story from Luke, my favorite gospel.

A particular verse really struck me that morning and has been on my heart and mind since then. Jesus has conquered the grave through his resurrection and has appeared to two of his disciples while they were walking along a road to Emmaus. The two disciples did not recognize Jesus' resurrected body and they began to explain to Jesus the discussion they had been having about death and resurrection of Jesus from Nazareth. Then Jesus explains to them what the Scriptures say concerning himself. Eventually, they all sat down to share a meal together, and as Jesus took the bread and gave thanks, the disciples eyes were opened and they were finally able to recognize Jesus. I love that Christ reveals himself in the intimacy of fellowship. As the disciples eyes were opened, Jesus disappeared from their sight. It is the comment made after Jesus disappears that has been tugging at my heart, its from Luke 24: 32.

"Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

These words show how emotional the explanation, the revealing of Christ's true identity was for them. It was like a message being sown into their souls. They once again have hope. The hope they had just burried three days before.

You see, they encountered Christ, and for the first time, realized that he truly was their Savior.

My prayer is that I will be more faithful in reading and studying Scripture that is very much alive, and beseeching God to open my heart to understand it. So that my own heart may burn within me as I encounter my Savior and draw closer to him.

Other Easter 2010 Highlights:
-Worshipping with Matt. The last time I worshipped with Matt was at Christmas.
-Watching Cavin with his first Easter basket. It was too cute!
-Lunch with family. Yummy food, great fellowship.
-Spending time together, just the three of us. We went for a walk, played on our living room floor and cuddled in bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment