Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Most Horrendous Morning

So yesterday morning was one of the roughest I have ever had. Matt and I both woke up early so we could get to school earlier than usual to get some work done. Matt left before me as he was ready to go by the time I was ready to blow dry my hair =)

I got ready and left the house at 7:05. As I am walking from our apartment to the strassenbahn (street train) stop I watched a strassenbahn come and go. Normally I would hurry to catch it, but I was NOT feeling well at all, and I was exhausted. So I took my time knowing another one would come in 4 or 5 minutes. Shortly after I get to the stop, I realize there is a message under the time, and that the minutes counting down to the next train had not changed. Great. I should have then and there started walking or returned home to get my bike. However, feeling completely nauseas, those ideas wentout the window. Then I noticed there was no longer a countdown to the next strassenbahn at all, just a message. Oh how I wish I knew more German!!So I waited....and I waited some more....and I waited longer....

I waited 40 minutes. I realize I should have given up a long time ago, but I was feeling so sick and tired. Depressed, I weighed my options and decided although riding a bike would require more energy, the pain would be over sooner than if I were to walk. As I walked home I looked over my shoulder every few seconds just to make sure a strassenbahn wasn't coming.

I got my bike out, and began the cold ride to school. After pedaling my little heart out, I arrived at the school at 8:15, feeling completely miserable and only 15 lovely minutes before my first class started. Then I looked into a mirror...yah, the hair was totally destroyed by the wind and bike combination. Great. What else could go wrong...

And the moral of the story is: Don't live in a place where you have to depend on a strassenbahn to get to and from places. This was definitely not the first time this had happened, just the first time being by myself. Although the strassenbahn is normally dependable and on time, it randomly flakes out on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment