Saturday, June 20, 2009

30 Weeks!!!

Today we are celebrating having reached another two week goal, 30 weeks! We are now looking at a 95% survival rate outside of the womb and I can deliver at St. Luke's from here on out! If Baby Red is born in the next few weeks we are looking at 6-10 weeks of NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) time. Although he would be okay, we wouldn't be able to hold him, feed, him, change his diapers for several weeks, we'd barely be able to touch him, which would be really hard. So we're just praying my body will hold out for at least another two weeks!

Today also marks 8 weeks of bed rest. It has been a long two months! The past two weeks I have been on extremely strict bed rest, allowed up only to potty and for a brief shower each day. Otherwise, I am laying flat. I think the past two weeks have felt just as long as the first 6 weeks when I was allowed a few more freedoms! We are hoping to make it to 36 weeks which would mean 6 more weeks of strict bed rest for me. Not sure how I will survive it with my sanity intact, but I know God will help drag me through. I will do anything for this sweet baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment