Monday, June 15, 2009

Welcome Home!!!!

So I am laying at home in my own bed, and it feels so good! I've sent Matt off to the grocery store as we were out of everything. I am curious to see what all he buys. I made a list of stuff I knew I wanted, but since he'll be on cooking duty, I am allowing him to pick out some easy things to fix. We shall see. However-I think anything he picks out has to be better than the hospital food!!

Today was a very long day as I anxiously awaited my tests. I was nervous if things had progressed and gotten worse, yet I was hopeful things had stayed the same and I would be sent home. Finally 1:30 rolled around and I was wheeled across the way to my doctor's office.

Dr. Thompson was busy delivering a baby so another doctor and the nurse practitioner were on hand to go through the tests.

My cervix measured in at .86 cm today, which is basically the same as it was last week!!!! This is still not a good place to be, as that leaves little to nothing holding the baby in. My cervix is extremely soft, but is still closed. This means the medication, bed rest and the experimental treatment are doing their jobs and helping me maintain. We tried to take a peak at Baby Red, but he had his back to us and wanted nothing to do with getting his picture taken! He even kicked at the ultrasound paddle on my tummy!

Dr. Thompson dropped by my room a bit later to discuss the results of my tests. He is very optimistic. To him, my cervix staying the same is actually improvement, as my cervix was able to stay the same in spite of another week of growth and change. He believes this is a result of all of the interventions they have put in place. The other main reason he felt comfortable sending me home was because my fetal fibronectin test came back negative. So he said as long as I can maintain the same level of activity at home as in the hospital, home it is!

I am laying flat all the time, no sitting up, and am allowed up only to potty and take a very brief shower each day.

I will be allowed to stay home unless my cervix worsens or preterm labor begins. I will continue to see Dr. Thompson every Monday where he will run tests to check my cervix.

It is hard not to be anxious and not to worry about how this will all turn out--if Baby Red will be okay, how much NICU time we'll have to deal with, if I will be put in the hospital again, and the list goes on. So we continue to trust in God's perfect plan and turn this pregnancy over to God, knowing he is the giver of life and Baby Red is safest in his arms. We know the Lord gives and we know he takes away. Yet regardless of the outcome, with God as our rock, we will continue to worship him and serve him with our lives.

Please continue to pray for my cervix to hold tight for another three weeks. We'd love to get to beyond the 32 week mark, but we'll be thrilled to get that far. Pray also for Baby Red, that he will continue to mature and grown strong and healthy. And--please pray for Matt. He has a lot on his plate. Not only is he still working full time, he is now in charge of all of the cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and taking care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment