We finished the round of steroid shots for Baby Red to help mature his lungs and prevent a few other problems related to preterm birth.
The doctor used an experimental treatment that will hopefully help my cervix to hold out longer.
Dr. Thompson also ran a fetal fibronectin test which can predict whether or not I will go into labor in the next week to two weeks. The test came back NEGATIVE which means I will not be going into labor within the next week or two. However if my cervix gets any worse it could cause labor to begin.
After the long day and all I've "been through" I think Dr. Thompson felt sorry for me so I am allowed to get up and take a very quick shower in the morning--although no singing in the shower is allowed--but I am so excited for it!!
On a sidenote, they will be measuring my cervix again on Monday, and if it doesn't get any worse, there is a good chance I will be able to go back home and continue my strict bed rest there. We are still in a risky place, yet a very positive place. As Doctor Thompson put it, I could give you a "good" baby now, but I would rather give you an even "better" baby in a few weeks! He is very hopeful I will make it to 32 weeks which is 3 more weeks!
From the beginning of this pregnancy my four year old niece has been praying on her own initiative for God to let us keep this baby here on the land so we can love him and take care of him. It has been the prayer of our hearts as well. One of the biggest lessons I tried to teach my students in Bible class in Vienna is that prayer is powerful, God always listens, and he always answers--sometimes his answer may be yes, other times it may be no, and other times it may be silence and asking you to wait.
Thank you for all of your prayers and support. God has heard and he is graciously answering. So we will pray continually- knowing that the prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective--and that God always answers.
We are praying for you, Matt and Baby Red. I am so glad the news was good today.
ReplyDeleteSanderson's are praying. God is good. Blessings to you, Matt and sweet baby. -Art & Ny S.
ReplyDeleteI had wondered what was happening with you and Baby Red. I should have known to check your blog! Silly me! I'm glad that the news you are receiving is good. It looks like you will be meeting your little guy sooner than later, but what a praise that he has grown and matured as much as he has! I love his cute little button nose, too! Praying, praying, praying!! XOXO
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for all of you!! You are such a good mommy to keep such a good attitude.
ReplyDeleteI thought about y'all last night in a middle-of-the-night feeding! I've been praying and I'm glad to hear the good news. Thanks for updating, I'll continue running up to the computer to check on y'all!
ReplyDeleteWe're praying that baby takes his sweet time!
Love you,
jordan
between this and facebook, I feel like I am on-edge each day to see where you are and how you are doing. Know that each day I read something about you--I pray immediately. And each time I update Andrew--we pray. We love you and are definitely praying for both of you and baby red.
ReplyDelete