Anyways, starting yesterday morning I was feeling some discomfort that I thought was related to the experimental treatment. So I called the doctor and he had me come in. I saw his nurse practitioner because he was crazy busy. After her exam she said I was dilated to a 1.5 and she had felt the babies head. I was like, what? He's breech...but apparently yesterday the little guy finally decided to do a somersault! Answered prayer! Anyways, it was decided that I should be readmitted into the hospital. So we went next door and I got checked in again.
Then I began having contractions. They started out nice and slow and very weak and ended up coming every two minutes and lasting over a minute. Finally I was given a shot of tributilene to stop my labor. Within 10 minutes my contractions were slowing down and gradually they came to a stop.
Dr. Thompson stopped by and said he wanted to examine me since he knows my cervix, but he wanted to wait until morning. So Matt stayed with me and we both attempted sleep in a room with no AC and nurses coming in non stop to mess with my IV and the monitors. Little sleep was had by either of us.
After examining me this morning Dr. Thompson said my cervix felt the same as it did on Monday, closed and long--for me at least. So I was released to come home and continue my strict bed rest here.
Although it probably wasn't necessary for me to be admitted into the hospital, I love the fact that Dr. Thompson understands my past and because of it, is extra cautious. He would rather overreact and take too many precautions than have even a slightest chance of losing another baby. I am so thankful for his compassion and praise God for sending me to a doctor who is sympathetic to my hurting heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment