Saturday, June 27, 2009

An Eventful Week!!

There has been a lot of stuff going on at our house this past week.

1. My dad came down on Monday evening to help finish the basement. We had drywall left to hang, some electrical work and everything in the bathroom.

2. My mom came on Tuesday to help do some cleaning around the house. My mom's normal weekly cleaning is way more in depth than most peoples. Matt has done a great job keeping the basics done, but he refused to dust (I guess a guy has to draw the line somewhere, huh?) so mom dusted. So now everything is dusted--light fixtures and ceiling fans, even the top of my cabinets! She also cleaned out some drawers in my kitchen, cleaned out and organized my pantry, and washed all the doors in my house. Plus the "normal" cleaning. It feels great to have a clean house!

She also did lots of cooking while she was here and it was amazing, of course! I think Matt definitely appreciated the break!

3. A friend of ours and a co-worker of my parents came down to help with the basement as well. Talk about a tremendous blessing. He grew up doing construction so it is second nature to him. Not to mention he is an energizer bunny--he can work forever! We definitely wouldn't have been able to get the basement finished without his help.

4. I spent a night in the hospital...that was scary, but all is good now. I go back to the doctor on Monday for my weekly check.

5. Matt bought me a kiddie pool. I love summer, I love being in water and feeling the sun on my skin. I missed out on most of summer last year with being in the hospital with the triplets, and I am again missing out on it this year due to Baby Red and bed rest. I have been pretty bummed about it. So Matt bought me a kiddie pool to put on the deck. This is within my "20 step" limit and I will still be able to lay flat, so all bed rest orders will still be followed!

6. Today we had another guy come to give us a quote to finish the drywall in the basement. His quote was quite a bit cheaper than others (yay!) and he can start on Monday!!

7. The basement is so close to being done! Once the drywall is finished next week we'll just have to paint and hang trim, get the carpet laid, and finish up the bathroom and we can move in! This means we are even closer to cleaning out our spare bedroom and being able to set up Red's nursery!!!!

8. My parents left today. I will miss their company. This week has went by so much faster than others because my mom has been here to keep me company.

9. In hopes of gaining some freedom via wheel chair once I reach 32 weeks, I finally ordered some maternity clothes. Even if I don't get any freedom, I can still look cute to go to my weekly doctor's appointment!

10. Today is 31 weeks!! 9 weeks of bed rest down, 3 more to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment