Monday, August 17, 2009

And I was Sent Home...

I was hoping and praying they would keep me at the hospital today, but no such luck. Here's the update.

Since today was Dr. Thompson's first day back from vacation, I saw the nurse practitioner, Michelle. My blood pressure was a little high, but nothing too serious, just something they'll be keeping an eye on. Weird for someone who normally has really low blood pressure. No change in my cervix, still dilated to a 4.5 and 80% effaced. I wish I would have counted how many times she used the word "surprised." Lol. She was surprised I was still pregnant, even more surprised there was no change in my cervix, and again surprised that my water had yet to break since it was sitting right there and- that she hadn't broken it during her exam. Both Michelle and Dr. T tried to irritate things so they suggested we stay in the area for an hour or so to see if things would kick into gear. We went to Target and walked around for about an hour but other than a few contractions, nothing. We did get a wedding gift bought though!

Then Matt went to the chiropractor and we ran a few more errands and then we came home. I have had irregular contractions throughout the afternoon and a lot of lower back pain which is how things started last time. So we're still hoping later tonight or tomorrow!

If not, then we go back to the doctor on Thursday morning at 8:30. I have a feeling they will keep me on Thursday and break my water. So we'll see how the next 24 hours go! The nurses and sonographers suggested Mexican for dinner, and I don't feel like messing up my clean house, so we'll head out in a bit for dinner. At this point I'll try anything!! Its rainy here so we can't walk outside so I'll be climbing stairs and doing some jumping jacks this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment