Cavin Luke Richards was born on August 20 at 8:38 pm. He weighed 7 lbs and 4 oz and was 20 1/4 inches long.
We have waited to tell everyone the name until today because we also wanted to tell everyone the why.
We have waited to tell everyone the name until today because we also wanted to tell everyone the why.
When I was 16, I had three friends pass away in a car accident. Cavin, Kirk, and Roger. The three of them were headed to an indoor soccer game and I most likely would have been with them were I not laid up with a broken leg. I had known Cavin since the first grade and he was one of my best friends all the way through school. I can remember being the only non football player at his annual birthday sleepovers. He was a great friend and a great young man.
When I met Stephanie and we were talking about our lives, I mentioned this part of my life and she understood the impact that the death of my three friends had on my life. She loved the name Cavin and from then on we knew we'd name one of our sons after him.
We had a rough time choosing a middle name but we finally decided on Luke because we both just really like it.
Of course we think he's quite handsome! We can't wait for you all to meet him and see for yourself!

Congratulations! I'm so excited for all three of you!
ReplyDeletecongrats! God is good!
ReplyDeleteI am leaving comments all over the place!! Love you guys and congrats on Cavin!! what a cute little smoocher!
ReplyDeleteAnne
He's beautiful, Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteLisa Crawford
Can't wait to see more pictures.