My cervix has become so short it was difficult for the sonographer to measure. Her measurements averaged at about a .8 which is about a centimeter shorter than I have been measuring.
I am also dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced. So I was admitted into the hospital to be monitored to make sure I wasn't having any contractions that I wasn't feeling. No contractions so after a few hours, I was released to come home. Of course I am still on strict bed rest--back to no sitting and allowed up only to potty and for a brief shower.
So we could be meeting Baby Red any day now which is both exciting and a bit nerving as he'd still be premature. We're still hoping for 35 weeks though which is another week and a half!
We'll take it day by day now, and while we wait, we'll be running around trying to get things ready for his arrival! Tonight's agenda is to order his car seat and stroller and the other few things we need before he comes!
I'm glad you are home where you can be a bit more comfortable. Wheather baby Red comes sooner or later, you and Matt are going to be wonderful parents. Don't stress over the room. I know you would like to have everything ready, but these are just things. What matters is the miracle of life and the love you give it. The room will always be there. Remember Jesus just had a manger. I am getting so excited for you guys as I know what you about to experience. Don't be afraid, just soak up every second even it there is discomfort. Try to store it all in your memory as long term memory. Then after the birth, write down every moment you can remember (play by play). This is so awsome to have for when Baby Red is old enough to read it and comprehend. Stephanie, you write so beautifully, it will have a bigger impact than watching a video or looking at pictures. I'm just getting teary eyed thinking about you holding your son. You're not just about to have a baby, you are going to be somebody's MOM. You are about to be the biggest blessing in a little person's life. We so often think of our children as blessings, but we can't forget as Moms we are blessings too. So many children around the world don't have one of us. Keep doing all you are doing, and I will keep praying and we will meet at the crossroads called Motherhood.
ReplyDeleteSheryl Resnik
Continuing to pray for you all!
ReplyDeleteSarah Cotant