Monday, July 27, 2009

It could get interesting...

I just got home from my weekly doctor's appointment...and here's the scoop!

We measured Red today and his estimated weight is 6 pounds!! He's still very active and is doing great!

Then we waited what seemed like forever for Dr. Thompson to come..then we talked about some things...what I'd been feeling the past week, which is some irregular contractions and a very sore body from being up and about off of bedrest. I have also experienced swollen feet and kankles (swollen ankles) for the first time and I'm not loving it!

Then...we found out I am dilated to a 4.5 and 80% effaced. Dr. Thompson also decided to take me off of my medication that stops labor. I am pretty excited about this as the side effects were making me miserable with being up and about. So it looks like we could be meeting Red any day now or I could sit here for a few weeks. Who knows...but when it happens, this is where all the news will be posted!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! Praying that labor goes well and that Baby Red arrives safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting. I'm sure you can't wait to meet Red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Red don't you think you have to wait for grandpa Robert to get back from NYR, you come anytime you want even though Im sure he wishes he was with your grandma Karen and parents right now. We are all very excited for your arrival. You are coming into a wonderful family that has a lot of love to give you, trust me I've known them for years (well maybe not your mom and dad so much) but your grandma and grandpa and aunts. Your parents are going to be so blessed to have you and you will be blessed to have them. Looking forward to meeting you one day. Lisa Crawford

    ReplyDelete