On Friday Dr. Thompson decided to leave the experimental treatment out since its job was done. Its purpose was to keep my cervix closed, which it did for 6 weeks, but now that I am dilated, its no longer really useful.
So I went back again today and both Matt and I were really curious to see if I had changed any with the pessary out. I was guessing I would be dilated to a 3 and Matt was guessing a 3.5. But we were both wrong. No change at all, still dilated to just a 2.5. Since my cervix seems to be holding up okay, and we're in an okay spot for Red to be born, I have been completely released from bedrest!! It is time for me to start building up my strength so I can actually push Red out and have the stamina to take care of him once he is born.
I am still on my medicine to stop preterm labor, and will be on it until at least next Monday, but depending on how my cervix does, maybe longer.
I was planning on laying on the Barry's couch while Matt tutored their daughter, but since I have freedom now, I went to Wal-Mart for the first time in months. It was weird. I pushed a cart around for about 40 minutes, and when I was done, my body was really hurting, I was dizzy and had a headache. But it was so worth it! I will be taking it easy for the rest of the night!
Our goal is still to make it to 36 weeks. But if we don't get there, at least we know Red will be okay when he's born.
With Thursday being July 23--one year, we have been struggling with all kinds of emotions. The weekend was hard enough, I wasn't looking forward to a week at home by myself, so I am so thankful I am off bedrest and can keep myself busy. Matt is taking Thursday off and we're hoping to just spend the day relaxing, or maybe even painting Red's nursery.
Carpet is coming for the basement and we'll be getting the vinyl laid in the bathroom within the next week as well. We're really excited to get the basement finished. We have been working hard to finish it before Red gets here, so once he is here, we can enjoy him and not have to be worrying about it.
I am really happy for you to reach the end of bed rest. What an answer to our prayers for you to have reached 34 weeks! God is truly awesome. We are very excited to meet sweet baby red. I am so happy for you both. Hope to see you soon.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Cory & Jaime
Congrats on making it to 36 weeks and being off bedrest. I know what you mean about it feeling strange being allowed to go somewhere other than the doctor. I had a hard time at first not feeling guilty about being off bedrest. Soon Baby Red will be here though and you will for sure need that energy. Our Baby Ruthie arrived Monday night and we are so happy that we made it to almost 37 weeks. Soon you will be holding that baby boy.
ReplyDelete