After eating and visiting we began opening presents. My first gift was a gift set of bath stuff-shampoo, lotion, and all kinds of goodies which made it kind of heavy. After opening it and briefly holding it up my arms were dead. Throughout the evening I had a headache and a few really bad dizzy spells. This was the first time I had really sat up and exerted any energy (opening gifts) and it made me realize just how weak my body is. I am so glad my niece and nephew where there to help me open gifts!
We got some really cute stuff for Baby Red! I can't wait until his nursery is done and I can get it all organized and put away or set out!
While we were at the shower Matt and my brother stayed home to work on the basement. This past week Matt got up at 6 most mornings to paint for a few hours, then went to work, then tutored for about two hours, then came home, fixed dinner, and went back downstairs to paint until around 10 every night. Last night they got all of the trim hung so we are ready for carpet! Our carpet guy is coming today so we're hoping we can have carpet down by the end of the week!
I am taking life pretty easy today. My body is more sore today than it was after I ran a 13k. I have permission from Dr. T to attend the church picnic for a bit tomorrow afternoon. Part of me doesn't feel like going, its just too tiring, but the bigger part of me wants to see people! Plus, if I don't sit up and do, then my body will never gain strength.
Until Monday...
Hi. I found your blog through Brooke McCarty. Just want you to know I've been following your progress, and I'm thrilled for you guys, to have made it to 32 weeks! Yay! Hang in there. I was put on bedrest at 26 weeks. We made it to the scheduled c-section at 39 weeks. My "miracle baby" is now 2 1/2 years old! He's perfectly healthy. I was on bedrest for 13 weeks, and my daughter was only 16-months-old. My heart was breaking that I couldn't care for her, and I was desperately worried that I'd never regain the strength to take care of a toddler and a newborn. I, too, was dizzy and winded when I sat upright. Weekly doctor's visits wore me out. I needed two days to bounce back. My husband was also most nervous, when the doctor easted up on restrictions at 36 weeks. Anyhow, I just wanted you to know my energy came back FAST! It really wasn't that hard to bounce back, which seems amazing. I'm confident you'll have the same experience. I'm so excited for your family.
ReplyDeletehi there!! here is my comment!! just wanted to say love you and can't wait to see Baby Red...I have to sign it anonymous though..oh well.
ReplyDeleteAnnie