Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cravings...

In the beginning while I was working: dill pickle spears

While on bed rest: cold cereal and fresh strawberries

Now: Fresh tomatoes and cucumbers

Throughout: Coke and cookies with milk

Red is most definitely Matt's child!! I am not really a dark soda drinker and especially not just plain Coke. It started with a sip from Matt's can of Coke because I was thirsty and then I just couldn't stop. The next time Matt went to take a drink it was almost empty... thankfully he just laughed. So the process has continued. Whenever Matt has a Coke I cannot resist a sip..or two...or three... Seriously though, it has been super hard to resist my craving for Coke but I am proud of how well I have done!

Cookies...I have always loved cookies, but I don't typically crave them every night like Matt! Right before I was put on bed rest I made a ton of cookies and froze them in little balls so all he had to do was put them on a cookie sheet and bake them. After we ran out of mine my mom came and restocked us with hundreds-literally- of three different kinds of cookies. So Matt has definitely enjoyed freshly baked cookies several evenings a week!!

Definitely NOT a craving: Beef

I am not a fan of beef to begin with since I grew up eating deer and other wild game. I rarely had beef so its just not a taste I love. But even other red meat hasn't tasted the best, so we've ate lots of chicken! Matt has definitely missed beef. I made hamburgers the other day and I gagged the entire time I was mixing them, I couldn't bring myself to touch it so I had my mom make it into patties.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE hearing about your cravings! The Coke thing I get. I HATE Coke and don't drink soda (only sprite, if I do, which is rare). One day Derry had a Coke and I had a sip and it tasted so good to me!! I was surprised! So now every time Derry is drinking a coke a have to take a few sips (not to many though because I don't want all the sugar). It is freaky how things taste good to you when you are pregnant. =) Thanks for sharing! Praying for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete