My cervix has remained stable with just a little bit of shortening. It has been soft for weeks, but is still closed which is the important thing!
My big news today is that I am now allowed a few hours of sitting time each day! I am really pumped about this! Matt is as well, as he hasn't mastered eating in bed, so he's excited to eat at the table again! I have been getting super dizzy and headaches when I am up to shower or go potty because my body isn't used to being upright. So sitting up for a few hours each day should help that and is the beginning of my bodies journey back to real life. I won't be released from bed rest completely until 36 weeks, but Dr. T is gradually going to allow me more freedom so my body can build up its strength again. I am terrified of having a newborn at home and no physical stamina to take care of him!
This was a very relaxed appointment, and it was nice to actually smile and laugh for a change. Dr. T got a good laugh out of my kiddie pool on the deck (again). Even though I assured him I was safe from curious eyes, he was going to search you tube for "pregnant lady laying in kiddie pool" just in case someone climbed a tree and got some footage. I would die! I wouldn't even brave it if I was not secluded from roaming eyes!
But my most favorite part of the appointment was this little conversation...
Dr. T: "I am getting more and more confident with each week you remain stable..."
Me: "And I am getting more and more excited!!"
Matt: "And I am getting more and more nervous..."
Stephanie-I was on bedrest for seven weeks before having the boys and I can't imagine having done it a day longer. You are in my thoughts. I don't think people really understand what it is like until they have lived it. Congrats on making it to 32 weeks...big milestone! Good luck combating the boredom. Everyone told me to enjoy the rest while I could but the "rest" was way worse then the lack of sleep following the birth!
ReplyDeleteRobyn Moore Price
Awesome news. We are rejoicing for your freedom. Just getting to move a little will do you worlds of good. We are praying for 36 weeks.
ReplyDeletelove
cory & jaime
What wonderful news! I am sure that sitting up for a few hours a day will do wonders for morale. I know it did wonders for me when I was able to stand for more than 30 seconds. I understand about the dizzy thing and getting headaches. I have been dealing with that lately too. We are both getting so close! Hope that you and Baby Red are having a great day! Praying you can make it a few more weeks!
ReplyDeleteSarah
Hey there, I've been thinking of you and praying for your pregnancy. God is an interesting character, but He has his reasons! I as well am at 32 weeks, but thank the Lord have not had any complications thus far. I'm thankful everyday for it! I'll continue praying for you, matt, and the baby and I hope things go well.
ReplyDeleteKaleena (Jacobi) Kibble
My comment is this...I love you and Baby Red is going to have the coolest parents ever and the funnest "Aunt Red" ever:)
ReplyDelete