Friday, December 3, 2010

1:16

As I begin to type this it is 1:16am, and we are just getting to bed, yet I find myself wide awake with anticipation and excitement. I have not finished the busy books, I have 8 pages finished for each book, plus front and back covers, but I have not stitched the pages together yet. I was planning on using the sewing machine to put the pages together, but my bobbin turned into a huge knot, and in the process of trying to fix it, I believe I made it worse. Where is my Grandma Grubb when I need her sewing expertise? She is the one who taught me how to sew, and I have really enjoyed doing this project, with the little bit of sewing I remember from my childhood! After checking what TSA allows, I decided to call it a night and stitch Cavin's book together as we fly and sit and wait in airports. I can finish Rance's once we're in Ukraine in our downtime.

This evening amongst our packing chaos we rearranged Cavin's room to add the toddler bed we are borrowing from friends. It may sound wierd, but seeing that little bed set up and ready to be used brought tears of joy to my eyes and flooded my heart with love. We are finally going to get our son!! We are so close to being able to tuck this little boy into bed, probably for the first time in his life, give him hugs and kisses, pray with him, and tell him how unperfectly loved he is by his family, and how perfectly loved he is by his Savior!

We fly out of Saint Louis today at 12:50 and have our first layover in Charlotte. We only have an hour and a half layover, which will be cutting it close with our next flight being an international flight. We will for sure have to switch terminals, we are just praying we won't have to go through security again. Next up is our transatlantic flight to Munich, Germany, which is an 8 hour flight. As most of this flight will be overnight, we are praying Cavin sleeps and we can also get some sleep! We have a 5 hour layover in Munich, which will be tough beings we will be jet lagging, but thankful for the extra time in case our previous flights met any delays. Finally we arrive in Kiev Saturday afternoon at 4:20pm, which would be 8:20am Saint Louis time.

We have a long journey ahead of us, but we are so excited!!!! We covet your prayers, and will do our best to keep you updated as often as possible!

Now to attempt to get some sleep amidst our excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment