We, well Yuri, has exhausted every resource he has to try and get us the little boy we met, but God must have other plans for this sweet boy as we are not going to be allowed to adopt him due to a Ukrainian law. The last contact we were working with was to call today if the judge decided she could help us, and she never called. =(
Although our hearts are grieving, God has given us peace. This little boy will forever be in our hearts. I will try to introduce him in a post sometime soon. Once you see his picture you will be able to understand how we fell in love so easily with this child. His sweet personality is evident in his face.
Yesterday as we were with Yuri getting our petition notarized he was talking to us about a other child options, and my heart just wasn't into it. All I could think about was the child we had already met. Yet today, when Yuri called, this peace filled my heart, and I surprised myself at being excited about a child he was telling us about. I am so thankful for God working in my heart, helping me to trust His perfect plan when I am not able to on my own.
We were hoping to hear news of our second SDA appointment today, but we are going to bed still not knowing when our appointment will be. Frustrating to say the least.
We continue to pray that our appointment will be this week, which means it would have to be on Thursday as they do not take appointments on Friday. We hope and pray we don't have to go another weekend not knowing, and another weekend of doing nothing.
I think I will eat some of my delicious dark chocolate (that you can get for cheap here, which makes it even better) and try and get some sleep.
We thank you for your continued prayers.
I can't help but wonder what amazing plan God has for you and your family. To be hearing all of the 100's, and 1,000's of prayers on behalf of you and the little boy you met and still hold strong to His plan. You just have to believe that you are going to get to parent and love one of the mose wonderful children and the little boy has one amazing life in front of him that just hasn't been revealed as of yet. I pray that God heals your hearts, gives you the needed patients, and pure and complete trust.
ReplyDeleteSheryl Resnik