Olig is picking us up from our apartment at 3, to load up all of our stuff and take us to the SDA. We are picking up our official referral papers today between 4 and 5. As soon as we have our official referral we will be heading out to the town where the orphanage is, which is about a 4 hour drive. We will get settled in tonight so first thing tomorrow morning we can meet with the social worker. After that we will be able to go to the orphanage, be interviewed by the orphanage director, and then meet this little boy!
Please pray for God to continue to prepare our hearts, and this little boy's heart for our meeting!
We are not sure if we will have internet or not until we get there. If we don't have internet access it may take us a day or two to find a place with free internet to update the blog. We will update the blog as soon as we can!
We have been following your story. You are all in our prayers. Travel safe. I am praying for a restful night to prepare your loving hearts for the morning. Mel
ReplyDeleteRight as I opened up your blog today and started reading it, the radio (that Elly has somehow managed to set an alarm on so that it comes on at the same time every day) came on singing, "Hallelujah, Hallelujah!!" So I guess all I can say is Hallelujah. You will continue to be in our prayers. - D Love
ReplyDeleteIt is 7:03 your time on Friday morning (11 p.m our time, as I am praying for you all. I know you must be in great anticipation of what the hours of today will be filled with as you go to the orphanage, meet the social worker and finally this special little boy. I have been overwhelmed all day with how your story is so familier with the story of Christ's birth and the celebration of Christmas. How a little boy was then being prepared to meet his parents for the first time. Jesus parents must have felt somewhat the same thing you are feeling. You too are looking forward to the gift of one of God's hand picked children coming into your family. I am praising God for you both and praying all goes well this time through! Carol Hahn
ReplyDeleteMatt and Stephanie,
ReplyDeleteChana, the girls, Shane and I wish you a Merry Christmas. We have been praying for you daily. As I write this, you're probably waking up and it is Christmas morning. We hope that you will have your special gift soon.
Rob